I hope you enjoyed a great father’s day with your dad. The occasion made me think back of my dad, who used to always make me smile when I was sad. Here we are: my dad, me and my fart cushion. Always makes me smile when I look at this picture.
I had a perfect weekend. I loved being Upstate in the woods as that always recharges my batteries. It also makes me feel grounded to go hiking, be in nature and to be part of a much slower pace with people that know how to enjoy quality of life. I came back early Sunday morning after an outdoor detox breakfast on the deck.
I also love spending my Sundays in the city, catching up with my friends, which I don’t get to do often enough. We met for brunch at an Upper West Side restaurant. I had a delicious Tuna Nicoise Salad while staring at the muffins with whipped butter standing in front of me the whole time. Why didn’t anybody send them back? I don’t know but at least I didn’t touch them.
Afterwards we enjoyed getting a pedicure and then headed towards Lincoln Center. On the plaza they had set up the most interesting looking pianos . Each one had a different decoration or was painted in a different color. People got to sit down on them and play their tunes. Here is “Play-Me-Amy”.
The noise level of all the various tunes was nuts. Here we are. And the guy on the left? I told you yesterday that today’s Father’s Day was dedicated to meeting the fathers of our unborn children. That guy is serenading us
Next to the Metropolitan Opera artists and designers had set up their stands and we got to shop for a variety of items I didn’t know I needed. I scored a fab red necklace, a stunning clutch, and a new dress. I ALMOST went for this clutch, but decided against it for purely professional reasons.
This was my favorite artist. He makes sculptures, almost totem-like- from vintage tea cans, tin toys and doll heads. Love the look of these.
Yes, it was a true girly Sunday. All afternoon I was ravenous, even though I had just eaten. I was feeling quite tired today since I didn’t get much sleep the past two nights. Friday night I just stayed up too late and woke up early for boot camp. Sunday morning Remi decided to wake me up growling at 4am to tell me that a deer was in front of the house. I chased it away so we could go back to sleep, but that didn’t happen. But, can you get mad at this? I can’t…
And, what happens when I am very tired and coffee isn’t working, I get mega hungry. Citarella on the Upper West Side saved the day with some delicious turkey meat balls and sesame chicken. I shared a little but ate most of it myself. I know, it’s a great look walking down Broadway, eating meatballs, but hey, a girl’s gotta eat!
I had a truly fun day and it’s great to connect with friends doing things other than drinking booze and hanging out at bars. New York City is best when you just walk and explore – at least that’s how I always come across things I’d never see otherwise.
Here’s my food for today:
Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 2 yolks over a bed of lettuce with sweet red peppers, chicken breast and cilantro dressing (simply put cilantro, mustard, vinegar and lemon juice in the nutribullet and blend)
Snack: Chicken breast slices and seaweed snack (so addictive!)
Snack: Nutribullet Shake with spinach, carrots, beets, Vega Protein powder
Lunch: Tuna Nicoise Salad
Snack: Meatballs (don’t ask me how many… ) and sesame chicken
Dinner: Nutribullet Shake: Spinach, carrots, Vega Vanilla Chai protein, dark chocolate powder and loads of cinnamon. My version of the Wicked Chocolate drink I had years ago at Jacques Torres in Dumbo. A total keeper!
Workout: None – Rest Day!
Fluids: 2 Iced Coffees, 2 Iced teas, 1 liter of water
Check out this lovely recipe that Jon and Maria made today:
2 Green Chai Tea refreshers to go!
- A Stalk of celery
- A Tomato
- Half scoop of Vega Vanilla chai
- Half an avocado
- 1 cup Almond milk
- Water to smooth consistency
I want to leave you today with some great and inspiring comments I gathered today on our Facebook group. I asked what improvements everyone had noticed. Here’s what’s happened in only 5 days:
- “I don’t feel as distended as I had been from eating too much starch. And my face feels smoother.”
- “Feeling great today! Finally had my energy back and used it well for a great workout in the morning. My skin is glowing (even my husband noticed it!) and my hair also feels silkier. I have been sleeping really well and my belly is definitely flatter. So far all positives!”
- “I’ve lost weight, digestion is much better, skin clear, sleeping straight through the night, and my energy is off the charts.”
- “Increased will power! Not even tempted by all the booze, dessert and pancakes I was around this weekend.”
- “Lost weight, skin looks better and belly flatter. My cravings for sweets are gone.”
- “Weekends are always when I have the hardest time eating clean…so many temptations! Today I resisted bagels, pastries, fruit and potatoes at a brunch picnic by thinking ahead and bringing a veggie smoothie. Success!”
- “Feeling great today! Have been sleeping like a baby, have plenty of energy, skin is glowing… Basically everything Ariane said would happen today. Having some coffee and heading to Central Park to work out on this beautiful morning.”
Enough said. Eating clean reduces any inflammatory issues in your body and with that your body goes back to its normal state: Health – without the irritation of sugar, starch, processed junk and additives. I hope you too are taking good care of yourselves.
Have a great Monday. Go, kick some butt today by picking up a new veggie.